Awesome and simple #recipe that can be eaten any time of the day happen to be egg. One such beautiful presentation of my hubby is holiday special egg. I am sharing the recipe today with you.
For this you need:
Bread 1 slice
Green chillies 1 chopped
Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Cheese slice 1
Chop green chillies and coriander leaves and set aside. Break both the eggs in a bowl, salt to taste, green chilli and pepper if you want. Heat a pan and add some oil or butter as per taste. Now add the beaten egg and spread well. Put the slice of bread in the center and add cheese slice on top of it . Now fold the egg from all the sides to cover the bread. Flip and cook from other side. When done take it out on a plate and cut carefully into bite size pieces. Garnish with coriander leaves and tomato ketchup. Serve hot to your loved ones.
How to get back to work is one important thing women’s career needs. Working couples are the need of the time in today’s fast growing world. Women today are highly skilled and are ready to handle all the challenges of life, be it professional or personal. But due to growing nuclear families childcare and pregnancy becomes a compulsory reason for women to take a break of different length at times in career. The accepting behaviour of good organisations is the most welcoming changes that we notice of recent. Organisations have started being more people centric and evolved in terms of giving good culture to the employees, but still in certain cases breaks in career are unavoidable for people. Let us go through certain simple tips about the do’s and don’t of professionals deciding to make a comeback into the industry.
The points that are important strengths are:
- Joining the industry you have been working in is your strength to be focused on. Brush them up nicely before preparing for interview.
Strong recommendations from your previous boss, business associates in the industry are good sign which makes you a valuable employee to be considered.
Deciding to join the same organisation as you left is a sign you value the organisation as well.
Reason for leaving or break is justified, not discomfort with the work profile.
Having joined any organisation as a comeback intern is an added asset.
Positive attitude and behaviour is very important so is your previous track record so it is good to go through the same during preparing for the interview.
Handling of the case studies nicely is an opportunity to show your industry knowledge.
Personal fitness and attire also contributes to personal frame of mind and so is ability to get along with people.
Focusing more on your positive points than negative points during interview is important.
A night before interview, it is good to go through the company profile and the requirements of the position. It is very helpful.
Writing down the key points about organisation and about yourself will give you clarity to place your thoughts and will give you confidence to talk nicely during the interviews.
Super strengths to focus:
- Having worked in more than one organisation or profile can be used to build your profile stronger as a versatility and not being confined to your comfort zone.
Value organisation and stable family life should be focused as positive aspects of tour behaviour because it would make you a more stable employee if being considered for great hires.
Women are always good at multitasking hence flexibility of adaptation should be focused upon in organisation with flat hierarchy.
It is always a good sign for women to value their knowledge and education and use it for the benefit of society.
During winters our appetite increases because our body spends some energy in keeping us warm. You might know that our ancient ways of eating was influenced by the seasonal vegetables and fruits and was therefore very good for health. One such recipe favourite this season is gajar ka halwa. Let me share the recipe with you.
For this recipe we need:
1. Carrots 500 g
2. Sugar 1 cup
3. Dry fruit mix 1 cup roughly chopped
4. Ghee or clarified butter 2 tablespoon
5. milk 1 cup
6. Some dry fruits to garnish
7. Green cardamom 1 (seeds crushed)
Nicely wash and peel the pink carrots. Now in a blender, blend the carrots coarsely and set it aside. Heat a pan on gas and add two tablespoons of ghee. To this, add the chopped dry fruits and fry a little. Remove it and set aside. Now add the coarsely grated carrots to the pan and fry them over slow flame. They will start softening and become darker in colour. Occasionally keep mixing them in between and fry for around ten minutes, then add milk and sugar to it. Alternatively you can substitute half the sugar with artificial sweeteners but I recommend using sugar in the recipe. Mix them nicely and let it cook until the milk is dry. Now crush the seeds of one green cardamom and add to this mix. Add fried dry fruits and let it cook for another two to three minutes. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with remaining dry fruits. Your gajar ka halwa is ready. Serve hot and enjoy the winter with loved ones.
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time 25 min
Serves 4 to 6
During winters we all have health issues like cough, cold, sore throat. We do tend to take it lightly but when it comes to discomfort they are the most irritating ones. If we take care of few things in our lifestyle, it becomes easy to spend the winters comfortably. There are many natural ways that can help us with these, I am listing a few tips for you:
- Make it a habit to have a glass of warm water when you wake up in the morning. This will help you get rid of headaches precipitated by cold weather.
Add half a lemon and one teaspoon of honey to the warm water and drinking in the morning time will help you in keeping cold away.
If you want to be healthy, it is good to include chavanprash (an Ayurvedic preparation) as it has all the goodness of our ancient ayurveda benefits and truly give a lot of health benefits.
Exercising regularly for twenty minutes boosts immunity and relieves sinus and related issues. Yoga is one great form of exercise but other forms are equally good. We should choose any form of exercise as permitted by our own health status.
Eat citrus fruits this season as much as possible. It is the gift of winter season and a blessing of nature in the form of vitamin C. These will not only boosts immunity and keep away cough and cold but also give you a beautiful glowing skin.
If you are a non vegetarian, do include fish at least twice a week in meal. This provides all the essential fatty acids or fats to body thereby improving immunity. If you are not fond of the smell of fish, alternatively you can add cod liver oil capsules available at chemist stores in the diet.
Include hot vegetable soups in diet. Besides being comforting in winters, they add to the vitamin intake of our body.
Do not eat oily and fried food. Even though they seem tempting the oil in these types of food become a medium for bacterial growth and thus causes throat infection.
In case of throat infection or coughing, ginger with some salt is beneficial. The effect is much improved if you take honey, tulsi juice, ginger juice and lemon juice mixed in equal measure in a spoon. One tablespoon full is good to be taken three times a day.
Add probiotic to the daily diet. They help in building immunity.
Gargle with warm water and salt before going to bed. This will prevent throat infections.
Avoid eating ice-cream this season.
Have a glass of warm low-fat milk, preferably with one teaspoon of turmeric. Turmeric is good to boost immunity.
While going out add a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the handkerchief and use it as inhalation in case of sinus irritation. It will help relieving the same.
Use of jaggery in desert preparations during winters has a lot of health benefits. It is one of the grandmothers tricks for winters.
If you take care of health properly, you will enjoy 375 days of good health in a year.
We know that the nature of person to a certain extent is understood if we know their zodiac sign but it also makes it easier to understand the various positive aspects of their nature and attitude and need for their placement in the particular department to maximise utility of the positive aspects of their nature.
Choosing a December born employee may have following benefits:
- When December-born visualize something in their minds, they will do everything they can to achieve this.
- They always know what to say in a given situation and they are great sales people.
- December-born favours different tasks and dynamic atmosphere as they have a personality that gels with almost everything.
- Jobs such as a travel agent, photographer, researcher, artist, ambassador, importer and exporter suit this free-spirited person.
- These fun-loving people enjoy making and spending money.
- Considered to be the happiest sign of the zodiac, December-born do not care much where they will earn the following money.
- They take risks and are very optimistic which makes them great motivator and born teachers or mentors and superb bosses.
- They believe that the universe will provide everything they need and thus they are great risk takers.
- They have great sense of humour which makes it easier for them to gel with almost anyone.
- They are great bosses, colleagues since they are very open in nature and are very truthful.
The negative aspects of December born employee:
- They are overconfident and at times they tend to take unnecessary risks.
- They are impatient in nature hence get to become restless at times if their energy is not channelized properly.
- Their honesty can sometimes be too brutal, which hurts others. A lesson on how to speak tactfully can help them a great deal.
- Their interest in things can be short-lived, and keeps fluctuating. Thus they end up being less efficient than they can be.
- They find it extremely difficult to deliver consistent performance because of their restless nature.
- The December-born employees can be over-confident.
- They tend to believe that they can do no wrong, and thus actually end up making many mistakes.
Knowing the pros-cons of their nature, the positive aspects can be utilised beautifully as an employee.
During winters, the love for hot food is increased nothing but ten times. The temperature of fifteen degrees around us calls for #yummy steaming hot food. If you are having such cravings, let’s make some hot kadhi pakoda today.
For this we need
Besan 100 g
Onion 1 big sliced
Chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric 1 pinch
Garam masala 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Panchforan 1 teaspoon
Dry red chilli 1
Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon
Buttermilk 1 cup
In a bowl mix besan, half teaspoon chilli powder, half teaspoon turmeric, salt to taste and add some green chillies sliced. Mix to a thick batter consistently with the help of water. In a pan, heat some oil and fry one teaspoon quantity of batter into pakoda. Remove in a bowl when golden brown from both sides and set aside.
In another bowl add two tablespoons besan and one cup buttermilk, mix well and keep aside.
Now in a pan add one tablespoon ghee and heat it. When hot put off the gas and add red chilli, panchforan and dry powder masala. Now add the besan and buttermilk mix and switch on the gas. Boil it on medium flame, adjust the consistency with water if needed as we need moderately thin consistency. When it starts boiling add pakoda and simmer on low flame. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with steam rice.
Cooking time 10 min
Preparation time 10 min
Travelling is the need for most of the people now-a-days. You may or may not like traveling but if you cannot avoid, planning it properly will make it easier, fun and an advantage for people. It is always advisable to plan short trips instead of long ones at a stretch. Planning it well makes it easier. The common problems that may occur are:
- Stomach upset: This is the most common and upsetting problem. It is advisable to carry lactobascillus sachet available at medicine stores in your emergency kit. Ask your doctor for suitable antibiotic combination that can be used in case of stomach infection.
Aches and pains: Body aches and pains is also one common problem encountered. It can be taken care of with the help of over the counter analgesics like paracetamol or aspirin etc that suits you.
Allergies: Another common problem encountered are allergies of any origin. Carry new generation antihistaminics with low sedation in the emergency kit.
Fever: Antipyretics like paracetamol may give relief in case it is not too high fever or when visiting doctor is not the necessity.
Tips for the beginners:
- One of the most common problem usually associated with change of weather and water is stomach upset. It is the most annoying problem. It is important for people with sensitive stomach to stick to simpler food. As far as possible drink bottled mineral water. Try to have curd along with food . Lactobascillus present in curd helps in digestion. For emergency purpose pharmaceutical lactobascillus preparation can be great help so carry them along. It is good to enjoy temptations of local cuisine but choose hygienic places.
Try to reach one day prior to the meeting or engagement where you are required. This will keep you fresh for the meeting. Traveling early mornings same day may make you feel tired and you may not be able to focus completely.
If you are travelling to some tourist destination, try to keep it around weekends so that you can finish your work and utilize weekend to see the place around. This way you can combine work and pleasure together.
Always carry a medicine kit with you. It may help you or if you may not need then your colleagues might get help in case of emergency. It is good to consult your family physician to prepare the kit. This could be a one time exercise but will be worth the pain.
Always keep your friends and family posted about your whereabouts so that in case of emergency they know where to contact. I am saying this with my personal experience. One of our friends had been to Nepal and got stuck in earthquake situation, no one was able to understand where and whom to contact. It should not happen with anyone so make sure you inform near and dear ones.
For women travellers, one thing to really avoid is using unhyginic rest rooms. Also be prepared for the important days of the month to avoid discomfort. If you need pain killers, please make sure it is there in medicine kit.
People with certain health issues like hypertension and diabetes may require to be on medication on regular basis. To avoid missing them, it is best to keep an extra strip and at two different places so that in case of luggage delay or such situations you do not miss medication. It is better to carry prescription along since prescription drugs may not be available without prescription in such situations in other countries.
In case of travelling abroad, benzodiazepines or antipsychotic drugs may fall in illegal categories and without prescription may be considered under drug laws hence you must carry your prescription along during travel to foreign destinations.
Travel and work are important but above all good health is the key to success and happiness. Taking care of few important thing might make it comfortable if not interesting for you.