Knowing your people has come a long way to knowing your may born employee. Definitely one of the tough headed let’s talk about the traits of choosing a may born employee:
- Self motivated: If they choose to do something they do not need a push for that they are self motivated to follow their instinct.
Affection revolves around them: they are affectionate to people around them.
3.big dreamers but never let go of reality: they dream big but always move with the ground reality of the situation.
Extravagant people: they might tend to be quite extravagant people. Appearance and attire will matter to them.
Stubborn by nature: picking fight is easy as they are stubborn by nature. Not fit for customer service.
Appreciate literature and arts: artistic by very nature they appreciate all forms of art and literature. Amazing in creativity like advertising, creative writing.
Travelling compells them to their core.
They don’t find peace easily: too restless by nature and this happens to be their strength too.
Very diligent people: the path they choose, it’s difficult to deviate them from that.
Possessive in nature: be it for things or people they are quite possessive by their very nature.
Even smallest of the thing can annoy them: they are restless and that’s why they get annoyed by anything easily.
If an organisation is operating across borders HR encounters many additional challenges in global talent acquisition other than ones encountered in domestic environment. When its span of countries, distances, time zones, languages complexity tends to increase. The level of risk is also greater as it is difficult to control widely dispersed locations and cost of correcting problem can be very high.
Contractual and legal policies that impact employment are especially difficult to monitor in many countries in various parts of the world.
Another problem encountered is culture. Organisations openness and inclusive approach is also important factor.
Global strategies and plans must be aligned with organisational strategy, vision and mission. Organisations create their own unique strategic approaches in their quest for global talent based on variety of factors such as:
- Strategic plan: it is important to know organisations plan for introducing or taking off product, opening or closing facilities, entering new markets or developing new partners, introducing new changes, outsourcing, crowdsourcing etc while planning for global talent.
Global integration versus local responsiveness strategy: centralized management with standardization across all global operations or decentralized approach promoting local decision-making. The approach taken determines the type of jobs needed in various global locations, influences the best way to get work done and shapes the requirement of team assembled to develop the plan.
Orientation and talent staffing: depends whether the organisation is ethnocentric, polycentric, regiocentric or geocentric. Based on this some practices can promote globalization.
Growth strategies: type of global expansion is another important aspect. Considering expansion, merger and acquisition, joint venture, greenfield operations, strategic alliance may have particular staffing needs.
Maturity of the global location: expatriate are used for initial staffing, perhaps of a greenfield operation because local talent is not yet ready. Then later on local national increase with time.
External factors: local culture and values, demographic trends, competition for local labour, compensation and benefit approaches, security, economic factor, political climate are also important factors determining global talent acquisition and management.
Social responsibility: degree to which organization holds itself responsible for the social impact of its global approach affects approach to global staffing.
Information technology: social media and online conferencing. Recruiting via social media facilities like Facebook, LinkedIn, connection between organisations and talent pools has great impact as it could be difficult to reach using traditional methods.
The challenges faced by a global organisation and a local organisation turning to global expansion is similar and can be dealt with careful planing.
Pavna lake is another great getaway this season for long weekend. Around two and half hours drive from Mumbai this place is really beautiful and scenic. If you love nature and peaceful atmosphere this is the place for you. The lake has crystal clear water and the soothing atmosphere and is definitely going to rejuvenate you to your highest level of energy.
Spending some time there and choose to spend some more adventurous time, then move to lohgad fort. This is a great fort from the time of shivaji maharaj and is a wonderful place. It is situated at a really great altitude to give you beautiful view of the entire area. You will come across really big stairs to climb and a wonderful exercise reaching the top and coming down. If you are carrying eatables better be aware of monkeys. You have awesome feel at the top and there are beautiful lakes with clear water at the top. You also have a Shiva temple on the top.
By the time you are back you will definitely have great memories, beautiful pics of your time there which needs to be shared on Facebook. Have fun and come back with great energy.
Learning to be with people is one great time to get to know the behavioural aspect of their presence in the organisation, in turn making the most of it from right judgement of the personality trait. Let us go through the traits of an april born employee.
- They are very independent and won’t back down easily. April born are very independent. They venture out and are go-getters, often leading the way.
- Their upbeat and magnetic personality often entices others to follow their lead because their personalities bring excitement into others lives.
- They prefer to make their own money and work hard to have anything they want or need. April born are definitely born leaders who knows how to take charge.
- They are sensitive. They follow their heart, but take their brain along with them.
- People born in April are very particular about things around them. Underneath the strong, independent exterior of an April born lies a soft inside but are very structured.
- They’re neither too mechanical nor too emotional. They know when to listen to their heart and when to listen to their brain.
- They aren’t afraid to take bold chances and love to travel.
- The April born’s outgoing and friendly manner is often welcomed in social and occupational fronts, and they typically have a wide selection of friends and followers who welcome their enthusiasm.
- April born people are not just a passionate bunch, they tend to be extremely curious. They like to get beyond the surface and find out just what it is that makes things tick.
- Most of them are crazy intuitive and are often able to read your character and intentions like a book. They can get a good read on a person within minutes of meeting them and are able to instinctively pick up on things that everyone else in the room misses.
- Sometimes you just need that one ultra dependable and reliable friend that you always know that you can count on them no matter what.
- They are active and they don’t waste their time on unnecessary things. They love to multitask and they manage to accomplish a long to-do list in a day.
- They can be a stubborn creature at times especially when they truly believe that they are right.
- They are not afraid to speak up – they always say what they think and it sometimes causes them trouble.
- Impatience is the root of all their problems. They can be incredibly impatient sometimes and they get frustrated when they feel like others are constantly slowing them down.
- They have a restless personality and are always on the go. If you can’t keep up with them they will find someone who can.
- It’s only when they are provoked that their aggressive side tends to come out but when it does… well lets just say you’re not going to want to be on the receiving end of it.
Overall great bosses, dependable friend, quick acting people who are wonderfully full of ideas, creativity and enthusiasm and leadership qualities.
Human resource department is dealing day-to-day with people management. Its intresting to go through traits for analysing the March born employees which is my today’s topic.
March born employees have these unique characteristics you may find:
They are intuitive. This makes them strong as they cannot be deceived. They believe in their sixth sense.
Sympathetic and generous. They are sympathetic and generous by nature. Always ready to help others and this earns them a lot of respect from their peers.
They make good volunteers as they are always ready to help.
They stick with their beliefs and principles and know clearly what they want in life. Very devoted people when it comes to any form of relationships.
Love quite and peaceful atmosphere. After all the hustle and bustle of the day they like going back to their cocoon and be in their quite space.
Introvert. March born people are introvert in nature. They love tranquillity.
They are very cheerful and positive vibe people. This makes them easily accessible to peopleas well as nature of water that can be moulded in any form.
Flexible people and are ideal for collaborations.
They are rich in knowledge about surroundings and any topic that they can talk for hours without people being tired of listening to them.
People management is an art they are born with. They can advise anyone on anything, so are the flexible enough to mould into any organisation so can make people around them very comfortable to work with them.
Ideal fields for these people are customer service, advertising, entrepreneurship, architect, designer. People born in the first half of the month are very accomodative by nature whereas born in the second half of the month are authoritative by nature.
Work and pressure in corporate culture go hand-in-hand. In and around us there might be many people we know including ourselves having signs of workplace depression. We consider all other illnesses with positive approach and try to take proper care and treatment for them but when it comes to mental illnesses we turn to be conservative and either tend to ignore or hide the problem. This may not be healthy for either you or your work because it might affect your productivity. These should be taken just like other health issues and we should take care of it just like we take care of diabetes or any other health issues and should visit a doctor with proper follow-up. If the need may be, leave from work should be opted for so that problem can be dealt with properly. Signs and symptoms and result of workplace depression that you may notice in yourself or someone around you are:
- Loss of interest in day-to-day work particularly not momentary or just being worn out due to stress.
Decrease in efficiency unrelated to work pressure.
Lack of motivation.
No interest in social gatherings at work.
Repeated mistakes in work despite not much pressure.
Frequent leaves or sick leaves that are not justifiable.
Feeling detached from workplace.
Substance or alcohol abuse.
The most important thing is that we must take workplace anxiety and depression in the same way as any other problem and encourage people to talk about it. Things that can be done to help in such situation is:
- Talking to someone about problem helps in finding solutions even of depression.
Encouraging groups to help each other in overcoming problems. Keeping the discussion confidential might help in people opening up with their problem.
Small breaks or holiday may revive you of energy and help distressing. Organisations can make a seven day strech leave in a year compulsory for everyone so that they get a break.
Yoga is something that definitely helps in controlling stress levels. Organizing yoga workshops as an initiative for employees and encouraging healthy lifestyle habits.
Work rotations as corporate initiatives in office keeps away monotonous environment thus is good to deal with stressful situations.
Understanding your peers and subordinates may help them in such situations.
Seeking medical help may prevent the person from worsening as well as regular course of therapy completion just like other problems may take you back to being healthy and productive.
Togetherness can improve mental health and well as productivity. Let’s make a better workplace environment.
Work, life and efficiency go hand in hand with our physical and mental health and well-being. A lot of theories off late have focused on the importance of this phenomenon. Don’t you feel at times that working-to-live is what is important rather than living-to-work. Our lives revolve around three major things, self, family and work. It is very important to maintain a harmony between all three of them. Imbalance due to higher focus on any one of them definitely disturbs the other two without our realisation. There are a lot of factors influencing this balance:.
- Individual: The fact that this theory majorly revolves around the person itself, definitely makes individual become the central point to this balance and it is therefore dependent on him whether the balance is achieved or the scale is leaning on side.
Family: The nature, demands and the type of family is another important influence on this balance. Some people may have more commitment in terms of child care or elderly care, some may have lesser.For people family in a sense is happiness and the dependency of person on family is very important for the mental well-being. Thus in case the focus is more on work, this may create a disharmony on the other side of the scale. The time spent with the family will decrease. The quality and quantity of time spent with the family will also depend on the nature of job and the extent of focus. In turn it is not difficult to say that increase in stress may also lead to lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension and may in turn cause the centre point to move further away from the balanced lifestyle.
Work or organisation: The majority of time is mostly spent by people in the office space, hence the culture of an organisation may have a lot of effect on the lives of people or employee. There can be two types of superior or bosses in the organisation namely one focused on increasing the efficiency of the organisation and the other focused on building loyalty towards organisation. This may contribute differently to the work life balance of the employees.
Social environment: In countries with rich cultural focus the demand of social life may also be one factor contributing to work life balance. Increased work load in office environment may lead to inability of person being able to contribute to social demands and in turn may lead to being isolated and unhappy self.
Implications of imbalance in work life balance:
- Personal implications: personal dissatisfaction may lead to prolonged sadness, depression and other ill effects on health.
Family implications: Greater demands in work environment may lead to unfulfilled family commitments and in turn may result in detachment from them.
Organisational implications: The increased dissatisfaction in fulfilling family and social commitment may lead to cutting down in work hours and being unable to sustain performance levels and negative energy build up.
Organisational perspective for greater work life balance:
The harmony in personal and professional life is always a contributing factor to increased efficacy. To improve this the human resources management may introduce good strategies within the organisation like
- Flexible working hours.
Child care facilities.
Elderly care facilities.
Work at home.
A good mix of employee satisfaction and motivation is a great way to increase the efficacy. Work life balance is the way of life not just a motivator but also an enhancer of loyalty being developed towards the organisation.
This one amazing pickle to taste buds and beauty to the eyes. I just prepared it yesterday and would like to share the recipe with you all. For this pickle you need base ingredients
Fat red : 4 to 5
Fat green chillies : 4 to 5
For spice mix preparation you need
yellow mustard : 4 to 5 tablespoon
Cumin seeds : 1 tablespoon
Fennel seeds : 3 to 4 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds : 2 to 3 tablespoon
asafoetida: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander seeds : 4 to 5 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Dry red Chillies: 1 to 2
Chilli powder : 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 2 teaspoon
Onion seeds or kalongi: 1 teaspoon
Vinegar: 1 teaspoon
Mustard oil : 1/4 litre
Take a pan on the gas and dry roast cumin, fennel, coriander seeds, dry red Chillies and take it in a blender, add mustard seeds and blend into powder. Now remove the stem of the fat red chillies and green chillies and wipe them nicely with clean dry cloth. Set aside. Now in a pan heat oil to the smoking point and turn the gas off. Now add the Nigel seeds or onion seeds asafoetida, dry ground spices, turmeric and chilli powder, salt, vinegar and mix well. Slit the chillies from one side and stuff this masala mix inside the chillies. Keep them in a clear glass jar an add the remaining spice mix on the top. Now in another pan heat the remaining mustard oil to the smoking points and let it cool. Add the oil on top of the chillies and spice mix and close the jar. Let it mature for six to seven days preferably in sunlight and start using your #yummy delicious red and green chilli pickles.
Crab Curry with coconut milk is another amazing recipe you will love if you love seafood. I am sharing my recipe with you which everyone at my home loved today.
For this you need:
Crab medium-sized 4 to 5
Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Garlic cloves 4 to 5
Ginger 1 inch
Tamarind 1 inch piece
Onion 1 big
Peppercorns 1 teaspoon
Cloves 3 to 4
Black cardamom 2
Green cardamom 1
Cinnamon 1 inch piece
Dry whole red chillies 2
Green chillies 2
In a pan dry roast dry spices till aroma comes out and set aside. Now dry roast onion chopped coarsely, ginger, garlic, green chillies, until soft and grind along with dry spices into smooth paste. In a flat bottom pan add oil and spice paste along with curry leaves and fry. Add chilli powder and turmeric to it. Now add washed and cleaned crabs to it and fry for five minutes. Add tomato paste and fry for another five minutes. Add water about half a glass, and coconut milk cover and cook. Add cut green chillies, coriander leaves and juice of half a lemon and salt. Cook for five minutes and add two to three piece of kokam. Cover and simmer for some time. Your crab curry with coconut milk is ready. Serve hot with rice and eat with your loved ones.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Being in HR function gives a lot more time and insight into the behavioural aspects of people around us. Let us today go through understanding the different traits of February born employees so as to gain maximum benefits of placing them in the right segment of work.
Positive traits of February born employees:
- Frank. Their frankness allows them to be extremely truthful. It’s not that they cannot lie, they can, but they rather say the truth than say something that’s not true.
- They are authentic and original. People born in February are known for their originality. They believe in doing things their own way rather than following others just for the sake of it. This is what makes them very different from others. They stand out in a crowd for doing things differently.
- Mysterious. It’s often very difficult to understand people born in February and what they’re thinking. But being mysterious has its perks. It generates curiosity in others.
- Innovative. Their imagination runs wild and they have the ability to think outside of the box and it’s not surprising that a lot of people born in this month are scientists, writers, innovators, or works in any job that requires this skill.
- They are one of a kind. Their originality and creativity make them one of a kind. They prefer to be different and be known as an ‘individual’ rather than as a part of the group. This makes February borns never boring, they are unique, fun and have a great mind.
- Determined people. Their determination, self-control, and drive allow them to tackle even the most herculean tasks. It may take time, but eventually breakthrough it. The most of us only wished we had this trait. Imagine being able to do even the difficult of tasks without giving up.
- Loyal. People born in February are loyal, caring, devoted, faithful, committed, attentive and we could go on and on. The list is endless! They’ll be there for you when no one else does.
- They are compassionate and generous. February borns are the most selfless people in the world. They’re always out to make a difference and help the world. They believe in the change they want to see. People born in February are very compassionate and generous which makes them admired by others around them.
- They are strong. They are able to control their emotions without it taking a toll on them. If they do ever get affected by it, they tend to get over it easily compared to others.
- People born in February do not like to rush things. They take it slow and one step at a time. It helps them to be more logical and gain more knowledge and also appreciate the things around them. No matter the situation or the consequence. They learn from their mistakes and experiences. Most people from February are making their own way if anything others follow them.
Negative traits of February born employee:
- Although they don’t reveal much about themselves, it leaves the rest of us wondering who they really are and leaves us wanting to know more about them before trusting.
- Others will get impatient and feel that February borns are slowing them down, but it’s only because they are analyzing every single thing before taking action, not because they are lazy.
- February born is never scared to be honest. So sometimes most people think of February born as too upfront and will try to avoid them only because they’re afraid of the truth.